Friday, January 20, 2006

BUZZY'S FAMOUS SEAFOOD, COMING SOON!!!

A select, and very fortunate, few of you remember when "Buzzy's" was THE ONLY late night/all night food joint in Boston. Now, I'm talking about the OLD Buzzy's...the Buzzy's with the caricatures describing the sandwiches (Rocky Balboa on the Philly Cheesesteak: "Yo Adrian, it's delicious!"), the Buzzy's who's "restroom" was the brick wall behind the kitchen, the Buzzy's that had a parking spot up front reserved for the Board of Health, the Buzzy's with the "Large or Small" lady who would give you the tongue-lashing of your life if you took too long to decide ("Large...or Small???......IT IS NOT DIFFICULT!!!), and Buzzy himself, who would flash his 6-tooth smile at you if you ate more than one meal a day there. And the Buzzy's with the large sign out front "Buzzy's Famous Seafood, Coming Soon!" What a perfect little piece of sublime Zen-ness that was. "Hmm......Famous Seafood, coming soon.....hmmmm......how could it be 'famous' if it hasn't even arrived yet?????????" I still ponder that one.

So these were the thoughts that went through my head each time I went to this Journal page and saw "Coming Soon!!!" at the top. I also realized how lame I was in not getting it going sooner. And also, how lame Jill (webgirl Jill) was in not making it technically functioning for me anytime sooner. Oh, sure, she'd give me her excuses, "Phil, I'm pregnant!" or "Phil, I have a 2-week old baby!" to which I'd say "Yeah? So??!! People are dying to read the journal!" I do feel I have an obligation to a certain percentage of my friends and fans.....the ones that hate their jobs and look for any way to kill time in the office during the day. And I take that obligation very seriously.

Since this is the first entry, it of course makes me ask myself what kind of journal will this be? Will it be strictly music, with thoughts and comments on how things are going with record, shows, etc? Or will it be like one of those Adam Duritz journals, or Fred Durst/Billy Corgan blogs where they talk about all kinds of things in their lives? I guess it just remains to be seen which parts end up to be more interesting to share.

I just wrote a mailing list mailer about music stuff that will go out later today, so I'm not gonna get into that right now. Plus my hands hurt from typing. Just a couple of things I want to mention:

*Big congratulations to Jill (the aforementioned webgirl Jill) and Chuck, and Jim and Cynthia on new additions to the family. Jill and Chuck welcomed Gavin, and Jim (the old, I mean "former" Riverside Train drummer as most of you know) and Cynthia welcomed Marco and Sophia. I have yet to meet them, but can't wait!

*"Play it for me one time now..."

I'm gonna wait 'til the midnight hour
That's when my love comes tumbling down
I'm gonna wait 'til the midnight hour
When there's no one else around
I'm gonna take you girl and hold you
And do all things I told you in the midnight hour
(Yes I am, oh, yes I am!)

(One more thing I just wanna say right here...)
I'm gonna wait 'til the stars come out
'Til I see that twinkle in your eyes
I'm gonna wait 'til the midnight hour
That's when my love begins to shine
You're the only girl I know
That really love me so in the midnight hour
Oh yeah, in the midnight hour
(Yeah, alright! Play it for me one time now...)

I'm gonna wait 'til the midnight hour
That's when my love comes tumbling down
I'm gonna wait, wait 'til the midnight hour
That's when my love begins to shine
Just you and I
Oh baby, oh, just you and I
Nobody around baby, just you and I
Alright
You know what, I'm gonna hold you in my arms, just you and I
Oh yeah, in the midnight hour
Oh baby, in the midnight hour...


*I promise the next entry will be about more music stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments...