Saturday, April 21, 2007

IMPORTANT VOICEMAIL I RECEIVED

I’ve been meaning for a while now to be a little more involved in my journal here (I know most people call it a B-L-O-G…but I hate that word! “Online journal” isn’t much better, but it is. Slightly.) Anyway, I’ve been wanted to update this more often and not just with the music mailer stuff I send out to everyone, but as you know if you’ve been coming here, I haven’t been doing that.

But the other day I got a call from a friend of mine….it’s a celebrity friend, kind of a major celebrity, so I don’t feel comfortable using his name. I’ll just call him “Alec B.” “Alec B.” called and left me a message the other day that really got me thinking…

I have been very selfish and neglecting some important people in my life. My fans. My fans that come to this site to check out the journal and see what’s going on in my life and what’s in my innermost thoughts.

I’ve hidden behind the “I’m too busy” excuse, but “Alec B’s” voicemail made me realize that it was really just my own selfishness. Sure, it was one of those “tough love” voicemails, but he said the things I needed to hear. He was right, sometimes I can be a rude, thoughtless little pig. (He also said some nasty things about my mother, and I’m not sure where that came from, but he does that sometimes. That’s just kind of his way.)

So from now on, I promise to be much better about this journal (b-l-o-g), posting BOTH the oh-so-interesting music news in my life AND the fascinating, sometimes scary, innermost thoughts and feelings I have. Just like Marcia Brady. That is a promise I make to you.

Ok, I gotta go now. “Alec B.” is flying in for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments...