Monday, February 08, 2010

Hello Everyone…

Well it has been some time now, hasn’t it?! I’m sure many of you had a feeling I’d be popping my head out sometime this month, maybe even on the 2nd, you know, with the whole “Phil/Groundhog” thing. But that would have been exactly what you would have expected!!!

Instead I re-emerge from my hole in the ground at the start of Valentine’s week, with a new song, and another way we can help out the victims of the earthquake in Haiti a little bit.

The song is called “Flowers at Work” and is being released a little early (ahem…) from the forthcoming album Arrivals and Departures. It is now available for 99 cents, and 100 percent of my proceeds from all purchased downloads of this song between now and February 15 will be donated to the American Red Cross for the Haiti Relief and Development Fund. See the storefront icon on the home page or the link below:


http://www.cdfreedom.com/artists/philayoub/


Please forward this on to your friends who you think might like the song and/or want to help out this important cause!


Is it a perfect Valentine’s Day song (as if you couldn’t tell from the title), or what?! And you know what else…you know what else you can do? (And this could be the best part!). When you purchase the song, you can…..(wait for it…wait for it…) you can SEND IT AS A GIFT! That’s right, you can actually have it sent to someone via email as a gift. I know…I know! How perfect is that?!

Guys: She’ll LOVE the song! It’s a wonderful declaration of how you feel about her, how much she means to you. You’ve sent her flowers tons of times, but this year send the song instead of flowers!

(DISCLAIMER: Despite the above statement, Phil does not recommend giving ONLY the song as a Valentine’s Day gift. That’ll probably get you in a buttload of trouble. The song is most effective as part of a “gift package” of some sort. Maybe you give her the song early in the week, and then actually SEND the flowers to her later in the week. So you make a statement, then you back that talk up. See what I’m getting at here? If you just get her the song and nothing else, well….I’m not gonna be held responsible.)

Ladies: You love the big lug, but you have a funny feeling that he doesn’t even know what month we’re in, let alone that Valentine’s Day is coming up. Think he needs a little hint? A little nudge? Send him this song, and watch the sparks fly! Oh and make sure to have an empty vase around at all times…

(DISCLAIMER #2: You know as well as I do that as clear as this song is, he’ll still never get the hint. Start with the song, but you’re probably gonna have to eventually spell it out for him. A few times. Slowly.)


CLOONEY vs. AYOUB:

Many of you are probably wondering… “Phil, if you wanted to use your musical talents to help, why didn’t you just participate in the Hope for Haiti telethon organized by George Clooney that happened a couple weeks ago?”

Excellent question. And in fact I did make an offer to perform, but never got a response. And I think I know why. Although it’s supposed to be kept secret, it is widely known in entertainment circles that George Clooney demands that he be the most handsome man at any event he is involved in. IT’S EVEN IN HIS CONTRACT! Although his people will deny it and he’ll say he knows nothing about it, it’s a known fact. That is clearly why he ignored my offer to perform at the telethon he organized. And that is why, if it’s up to him, you will never see me and Clooney in the same room at the same time. I know, I know…he seems more down to earth than that, but it’s all an act. Talk about a guy with a distorted self-image and over inflated ego!!! Now, back to my amazing song…Here’s the link:


http://www.cdfreedom.com/artists/philayoub/


In all seriousness, I’ve been wanting to do my part to help the earthquake victims a little bit. I did buy hot chocolate and pastry from some kids on the street who were raising money for the Red Cross relief effort. But after eating 17 muffins and downing a gallon and a half of hot chocolate, I knew I could do more. I figured this was a good way to do that, and get some music out in advance of the new record’s release. More to come on that very soon, by the way!

Thanks everyone!

-Phil

http://www.philayoub.com/

http://www.myspace.com/philayoub

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Phil-Ayoub/7493821603?ref=sgm

http://www.facebook.com/philayoub



PS-Speaking of that telethon, donating $100 DOES NOT get you a date with Reese Witherspoon. Trust me, I speak from experience…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments...