Wednesday, August 08, 2007

"Best Lines" 8/7/07-8/7/07

So I wanted to come up with some kind of definitive “Best Lines” list, the best lines ever written in any song. Well, I don’t think I can come up with a DEFINITIVE list at the moment, but here’s what I came up with yesterday as I was driving down to New Haven. And no, “Blood on the streets in the town of New Haven” is not one of the lines. Although I couldn’t get that out of my head all day. I also couldn’t get that Sean Kingston “You’re so beautiful girl….that’s why it’ll never work” song out of my head either. “You have me su-i-ci-dal, su-i-ci-dal, su-i-ci-dal when ya say is oooooveeerrrrrr.”

So here it is, the list of top ten lines ever written in any song, just from what I thought of on my ride to New Haven, CT on August 7, 2007:


10) “I’m like ‘so what, I’m drunk.’”- R.Kelly, “Ignition (Remix)

9) “Right now he’s probably dabbing on three dollars worth of that bathroom Polo.” -Carrie Underwood, “Before He Cheats”

8) “He used to do surgery for girls in the 80’s, but gravity always wins.” –Radiohead, “Fake Plastic Trees”

7) “All the other girls here are stars, you are the Northern Lights.” –Josh Ritter, “Kathleen”

6) “Big Poppa been smooth since days of Underoos.” -Notorious B.I.G. “Hypnotize”

5) “She used to work in a diner, never saw a woman look finer, I used to order just to watch her float across the floor.” -Neil Young, “Unknown Legend”

4) “Pack up the babies and grab the old ladies!” –Neil Diamond, “Brother Love’s Traveling Salvation Show”

3) “Some say quit or I’ll go blind, but it’s just a myth.” -Green Day, “Longview”

2) “A lady doesn’t wander all over the room and blow on some other guy’s dice!” -Frank Sinatra (Loesser), “Luck Be A Lady”

1) “Never trust a big butt and a smile.” –Bell Biv DeVoe “Poison”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments...