Friday, December 14, 2007

(RECENT MAILER) HOBOKEN NJ WEDNESDAY, I had a friend who was a “BIG” baseball player…

Hello Everyone (and a special welcome to those who have recently joined this mailing list, thank you VERY much!),

Well my friends I’ll be making the 9 hour trek down to New Jersey once again (I drive slow. I obey all traffic laws) for a special night in Hoboken. I’ll be playing a short set (4 or 5 songs) at Maxwell’s, a club famous for many things including being the site where the “Glory Days” video was filmed. How cool is Maxwell’s??? Let’s just say that when I was told where I could park, “Frank Sinatra Drive” was mentioned!

This is a special show, as it will be part of the New Jersey Songwriters in the Round series that will benefit the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, complete with raffles and giveaways! It will be FREE to get in, and an ALL AGES SHOW!

-PLEASE SEE THE PRESS RELEASE AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS MAILER FOR MORE INFO ON THE CHARITY-


UPCOMING SHOW DETAILS:

WED. 12/19, MAXWELL’S, HOBOKEN, NJ, 8:30 pm
***ALL AGES SHOW! FREE! Acoustic set playing about 4 or 5 songs as part of the New Jersey Songwriters in the Round series benefiting the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. A few other artists will be performing, including my good friend Joe Colledge (http://www.joecolledge.com/), who recently put out a great CD called “Table for One.”

I would have billed this show as a “Jersey Joe Extravaganza” since my great friend and fan club prez Jersey Joe is the link between Joe Colledge and me, but we’ll postpone that event for now. Also, Jersey Joe has been feeling a bit under the weather lately, but he has been recovering nicely. We wish him a continued speedy recovery!

As usual, please check out the website for any changes, additions, updates, cancellations, and details of the day I was trapped in a sushi restaurant in Hoboken because of a bomb scare (true story).

http://www.philayoub.com/


THE DUNKIN REPORT:

As many of you have heard by now, I have recently been named in a report documenting the use of dangerous drug. Surprisingly, I am not talking about the Mitchell Report that came out yesterday detailing the use of anabolic steroids, as many of you who have seen my shirtless body up close have suspected (the rippling abs, the bulbous buttocks, the python biceps, the great hair). No, I have achieved this body “au natural” as the Spanish say, with pure old-fashioned hard work. Yep, hard work and the Thighmaster (and Abmaster, Buttmaster, Lovehandlemaster…if there’s a body part, I’ve mastered it).

No, not The Mitchell Report. I am, in fact, talking about “The Dunkin Report.” Which, of course, details the use and abuse of another powerful and should-be-illegal substance, Dunkin Donuts Coffee. “D&D” as us junkies call it, has had a hold on me for years and it finally caught up to me. The report has detailed information, including a transcript of an interaction with one unnamed source who ratted me out. Here’s an excerpt:

PA: “I’m afraid of needles. YOU’RE gonna have to inject me.”

Unnamed Source: “Um, sir, I’m a drive-thru worker. I can give you the cup of coffee, but we don’t use needles.”

PA: “Come on, inject my buttocks with that D&D coffee now!”

Unnamed Source: “I’m not touching your butt, sir.”

PA: “Hurry up, there’s a car behind me.”


HAPPY HOLIDAYS:

So if this is the last time I email you all this year, have the happiest of holiday seasons, and a wonderful new year! I thank you all very much for being on this mailing list. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate the support, as its getting more and more difficult for independent artists to prosper in the music industry today. So thank you very, very much!

Looking forward to seeing some of you at Maxwell’s next Wednesday. Afterwards we’ll all go out and inject some Dunkin Donuts coffee into our butts. I hear it’s legal in Jersey…

(I don’t care how many artist/band mailing lists you’re on right now, none of them have ever mentioned the word “buttocks” as many times as this one. Sure, you might poo poo its over-usage when you talk about this mailer with your friends at work, but secretly you love me for it.)

Thanks everyone!

-Phil

http://www.philayoub.com/

http://www.myspace.com/philayoub


PRESS RELEASE FOR 12/19/07

Music Producer Rob Fusari Gives Back with SEASON FOR LOVE
Holiday Music Project Aims to Help Fund Blood Cancer Research

When something hits close to home; you have no other choice but do something to help. With his cousin passing from Leukemia at the age of 22 and his dear friend Pia passing recently in 9 short months from Lymphoma, multi-platinum music producer Rob Fusari chose the power of song to help raise awareness and money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

"Something fierce tugs at your heart and you are not sure where to turn, I turned to what I knew best: music" says Fusari, whose music career includes works with Destiny's Child, Jessica Simpson, Whitney Houston, & Jonas Brothers. With his musical talent, he produced the beautiful song, Season for Love to remind not only himself but everyone, that there should not only be one season for love, it should be everyday.

Co-written with the late Irwin Levine (“Tie a Yellow Ribbon"), Rob Fusari revived the song with New York singer/songwriter Zach Macko. Zach embraced the opportunity to lend his heartfelt voice to the Season for Love song. He will be performing the song live at NJ Songwriters in the Round on Wednesday, December 19th at Maxwell’s in Hoboken, NJ.

Season for Love song can be heard on their myspace music page: www.myspace.com/seasonforlove . Visitors to the site have the opportunity to make a small donation to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and receive the download as a special thank you. The limited edition CDs are also available.

"The amount you give does not matter; the fact that you donate to a cause is what really matters, that is the message I want to convey this holiday season," says Fusari. Whatever charity tugs at your heart, donate. Make it matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments...